Lore and Language, 1969-1999. From Sheffield, so may interest those looking for Derbyshire Peak and Midlands folklore. Now online for free. Items of specific interest because neighbouring to Staffordshire…
* Lore and Language, no. 03 (August, 1970)
The Cheshire Soul-Caker’s Play.
* Lore and language, no. 05 (July, 1971)
Further notes on Antrobus Soulcakers and other Cheshire souling plays.
* Lore and language, no. 09 (July, 1973)
We have a Poor Horse [Detailed descriptive record of a fading Derbyshire Wassail / Mummers costumed house-visiting, made at New Year 1971. Song and hobby-horse].
* Lore and Language Vol. 02, No. 01, (July, 1974)
Language Butchered: Back-Slang in the Birmingham Meat Trade. [Birmingham, England]
* Lore and Language Vol. 03, No. 02, Part A (January, 1980)
The Reindeer Antlers of the Abbots Bromley Horn Dance: A re-examination.
* Lore and Language Vol. 04, No. 01, (January, 1985)
Solihull: A Note on a Placename Pronunciation.
* Lore and Language Vol. 04, No. 02, (July, 1985)
Just for Fun: Children’s Playground Songs from Derbyshire.
* Lore and Language Vol. 10, No. 02, (July, 1991)
A Bit of Black Country [long detailed article on the dialect, by a trained linguist raised in the Black Country].